Program duration: 2 years
Type of attendance: Full-time
Language: Russian, English / Spanish
Start date: 1.09.2020
Admission requirements: Bachelor’s Degree, level of proficiency no less than B1
Interdisciplinary master’s programme «Cross-cultural Communication and International Leadership” is aimed at theoretical, research and practical training of highly-qualified professionals in the field of cross-cultural communication, who have multidisciplinary knowledge and skills, who are able to proceed professional activities at the intersection of various humanitarian fields and to communicate effectively in cross-cultural situation. The program studies the problems of forming an international leadership during contemporary cross-cultural dialogue through the dynamics of its development, based on theoretical, empirical and territorial approaches, which allows to predict possible development, to develop practical skills of intercultural communication, which are used not only in culture but in the social, political and economic processes of the modern world.
Language and cross-culture. Formation of the language personality of the international leadership. Speech strategies and tactics of a leader: persuasion and manipulative technologies in modern culture. Cross-cultural competencies of an international leadership.
The program combines a fundamental set of theoretical courses and a list of practice-oriented disciplines of various fields of knowledge and contributes to the formation of methodological tools which are necessary for the effective implementation of work in various social spheres (culture, education etc.).
Typical units of study may include:
- ·Philology in the system of humanitarian knowledge.
- ·Foreign language / Theory and history of culture.
- ·The modern models of culture research.
- ·Problems of cross-cultural communication.
- ·Oratory and culture of speech.
- ·Paradigm of modern humanitarian knowledge: cultural studies, socio- and psycholinguistics, pragmatics.
- ·Social and cultural anthropology.
- ·Cultural branding of territories.
- ·Cultural policy and culture of interethnic relations.
- ·Сultural linguistics. Image study.
- ·Human identity: social and philosophical aspects.
- ·Personal identity and gender theory.
- ·International legal communication and language policy.
- ·Second foreign language (Spanish / English).
- ·Business foreign language (Spanish / English).
¨ Scientific and teaching activities.
¨ Expert and advisory activities on language, cross-cultural, international policy and inter-ethnic and intercultural relations.
¨ Diplomatic missions and consular offices.
¨ International companies,
¨ Enterprises, which develop intercultural relationship.
¨ Russian and foreign universities and schools, various cultural and educational centers.
¨ Advertising agencies.
Head of the programme 45.04.01 Philology
Ph.D. Irina Nikolaevna Savchenkova
+7 988 588 90 97
Director of the programme 51.04.01 Cultural studies
Ph.D. Elena Alexandrovna Blagorodova
+7 988 545 19 55